Friday, October 8, 2010

October 8th 2010

Trying to cut down on coffee... Why, you might ask - my body can`t really handle it and I have also discoverd that it only really tastes good in company with other coffee drinkers. Isn`t that weird? And does that not remind you of another very addicting habit? Anyway.. I am trying to cut down, but I still need a hot drink in my day. Especially after a windful and cold walk like me and the little one had today. So I fill my cup with this lovely tea, wich also has sort of a cute story from India.

The History of Chai Tea
The English love their tea, as is well known, and in 1830 they began to grow concerned over the Chinese tea monopoly. The answer: grow tea in India, which was their vassal nation. By 1900 about 90% of England's tea was grown in India. But the Indians did not like to drink tea themselves, which greatly disturbed the English. It was unfathomable to them that anyone wouldn't like tea. To this end the English began to encourage Indian factories and mills to give their employees tea breaks. Originally tea was served in the English style, steeped with a little sugar and milk. But soon vendor (known as chai wallahs) began to spice their drinks and add lots of sugar and milk to cut costs. The English were furious, but workers liked the drink. Thus, masala chai tea was born!
So thanks be to the Indian peolpe :-) it is Oh So Lovely!!!!



Kitimat in Fall is an exiting place. It is always nice to live here, but in it is a bit different. Little Erin and me like to take a walk at least once a day and our surroundings many times remind me of a big beautiful park, and other times like a zoo... The bears are the dominant animal. I often pray for God protection as we walk around a corner or close to the woods. My husband saw a flock of grizzly-bears just the other day. They come in to town more in fall to eat garbage and fruit of peolpes trees since they need to be stuffed for the long sleep in Winter. Here is a black bear wich we saw eating at a dump. This was not in Kitimat but in Minden, Ontario. Though we have them here to and they sure make life a bit more exiting.



On a totally different note.... I want to share my exitement for my baby brother (maybe not baby....) who is getting married in less than 24 hours from now! I am so proud of both of them and love them very much. God bless your very special day Marie and Knut!



No comments: